Wednesday, January 14, 2009

frustration

I'm getting really frustrated at work. I thought that I'd come back after a nice long break envigorated, but nothing has changed.

I have zero motivation, and I feel as though there is nothing for me there. The management have made it clear that there is no chance of a pay increase, which is one thing, but there also appears to be no chance of progression within the company, which is just unspeakably depressing. I feel that if I stay, I'll be there eternally churning through the same old stuff ad nauseam. The very worst thing is that it seems as though I've learned all I can from them, or perhaps more accurately, all they are willing to teach me. I just can't do that, I have to keep learning, changing, moving, growing. I have to get out.

I've started on my CV, but I don't have a clear picture of what it should be like, so I've hit a wall. In some ways it's too short, in others, too long. I've promised myself that I will get it finished this week, and Vic has said she'll help me with it.

No comments: